Just Ask Antoine!
- qualitative analysis. Compare with quantitative analysis.
- A chemical analysis that detects the presence of a substance in a sample.
- quantitative analysis. Compare with qualitative analysis.
- A chemical analysis that determines the concentration of a substance in a sample.
- quantitative structure-activity relationship. QSAR.
- A mathematical connection between chemical structure and biological activity, established by statistical analysis or pattern recognition techniques.
- quantum. quanta.
- A discrete packet of energy.
- quantum mechanics. quantum theory.
- A branch of physics that describes the behavior of objects of atomic and subatomic size.
- quantum number.
- Indices that label quantized energy states. Quantum numbers are used to describe the state of a confined electron, e. g. an electron in an atom.