Just Ask Antoine!
Atoms & ions
Energy & change
The quantum theory
Electrons in atoms
The periodic table
Acids & bases
What are some Web sites and paper references on the history of the periodic table?
- Dmitriy Mendeleev Online
(Eugene Babaev, Moscow State University)
- Links to many biographical and historical resources about one of the chief architects of the periodic
- The Pictorial Periodic Table
- This excellent periodic table contains images of element samples and a searchable database of element information that is extensive but not overwhelming.
You can view many alternate forms of the periodic table,
from Mendeleev's original to a rotating three dimensional Giguere table (Quicktime required).
- Classical Chemistry (Carmen Giunta)
Carmen Giunta's Classical Chemistry site at LeMoyne is one of the
best chemical history resources on the Web. You can find several early versions of the periodic table
there, in HTML format.
- Crucibles : The Story of Chemistry by Bernard Jaffe (Dover, 1977)
- A Short History of Chemistry by Michael Partington
- The Norton History of Chemistry by William Brock (W. W. Norton, 1993)
Author: Fred Senese email@example.com